Saturday, January 7, 2012

Requesting Your Input

As we begin the third year of this blog, I will continue to post essays that I have written based upon news items, books I have read, and selections from my books. I am a scientist, but my essays will not be limited to science. For example, in early 2010, I wrote about agnostic ideas found in the Bible and in works of music such as Carmina Burana and Die Winterreise.

But starting this year I would like to actively request ideas from my readers. You have always had the comment box, but I would now like to invite you to use it to suggest ideas and share your own insights, not just to respond to what I have written. What topics, related to religion and science and life, would you like to discuss? I think our small blog community could benefit from your insights. Our community is small, because I have not advertised this site on my other outlets. I am a professional with regard to evolution and ecology, and their political and religious connections, but I am an amateur with regard to many of the things I write in this blog. Amateur is not a bad word; in its Latin roots, it means “one who loves.” I love to discuss topics on which I am not an authority. Which is why it will be particularly interesting to draw in your insights.

Some readers find it difficult to post comments, since Google requires you to have an account with them in order to post your comment. If it is easier for you, feel free to send your comments to abutilongr@aol.com.

Let me know what you are thinking, by writing in the comment box. Also, feel free to send the link to other people you know who would be interested in the discussions on this blog.

I have also started tweeting. Follow me on Twitter, @StanEvolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment